Monday, July 1, 2013

6 Month Update

It has officially been 6 months!

The residual swelling is just on the left side and its not really noticeable so I don't mind it. This should be down even more over the course of the next year. I can eat everything now even though I still stay away from crunchy granola bars and raw carrots. Im sure I can eat them but I haven't tried yet. Popping off brackets on my braces are still a concern.

Things I can now eat:
* Steak (mmmmm)
* apples
* sandwiches (such a random thing to miss but sandwiches truly are amazing) 

Speaking of braces.... they are coming off already! In 4 weeks the top braces are coming off. At that time they will put a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth for 6 weeks then take the bottom brackets off as well. I was so excited when they told me. I am getting them off 9 months early! It's crazy just to think how I got braces on, had reconstructive surgery, and am now getting the braces off all in 1 year. 

I also had my 6 month post-op last week where Dr. Taylor called me the poster child of jaw surgery. He took X-rays to make sure everything still looked kosher, had a look inside my mouth and then sent me on my way. I will see him 1 more time in December for my  1 year follow up. 

I noticed that at the end of my teeth in the back left corner of my mouth, a little pocket seems to have formed. Its like the back of my cheek/throat is now shorter because of where they stitched me up and it created a little pocket that likes to trap food...kind of like a squirrel. He said if it is still bothering me down the line, he can numb me and shave off some of that piece inside my mouth. It doesn't  bother me that much but its good to know that its an option.

Farewell for a few months, I will post again when my braces come off and can show off my pearly whites and perfect bite :-)
Paris, June 2013


Night out with my sister, July 2013


3 comments:

  1. Hi Meghan! I'm having jaw surgery on new years eve (happy new year). My situation is different, I have a tumor in my jaw so having a few teeth removed, bone graft and potential wIring. If it's really bad, they will actually remove my jaw bone. Did you have your jaw wired shut ? You're blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Annie, that is great! Your NYE hangover might be a bit worse than most people's but you'll be fine. No they didn't wire my jaw shut and the doctor said they really don't do that much anymore because it can be a liability. I just had rubber bands on my braces restricting my bite but I couldn't even open it much even if I wanted to.

      So glad the blog is helping and good luck on your surgery :-)

      Delete
  2. Lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough develop and chronic cough worsen. include chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes the first was bone pain, headaches, dizziness,I was so piss off and tired of my life until i read about Dr Itua herbal medicine on blogspot i really thought it was scam when i first contacted him so little time i think about it and bought the herbal medicine which i took for three weeks and i was totally cured his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer.But not only this Lung Cancer This great man can cure,Dr Itua also told me he can cure such diseases like... COLORECTAL CANCER, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, SKIN CANCER,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. UTERINE CANCER, LEUKEMIA,HIV/AIDS,OVARIAN CANCER,BLOOD CANCER,MEN/WOMAN INFERTILITY,BURKITT LYMPHOMA - NON-HODGKIN.BRONNCHIAL TUMORS, BRAIN TUMORS,BILE DUCT CANCER,BONE CANCER,VAGINAL CANCER,HERPES VIRUS,LOVE SPELL,HEPATITIS,HE'S A GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR.HERE HIS CONTACT EMAIL::: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/. WHATSAPP:::+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete