Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 68

Yay it's the end of the week! It has been crazy this week at the office. After a few 12 hour days and LOTS of report writing, I'm glad it's over. I went to both the orthodontist and the dentist this week! The ortho has decided to wait to do any major adjustments for another month or so until my surgeon lets me take the retainer out. So, they just changed my elastics and took some X-rays to check the angle of my teeth.

My teeth are finally not yellow anymore! The staining came off after a cleaning and I was so happy. I've spent the past few weeks looking like I don't own a toothbrush. I will say it again: I have never had such an appreciation for oral hygiene as I do now.

My cousin and grandma came in town for the weekend which was awesome. My grandma stayed with my Dad and my cousin stayed with me. Fortunately, we didn't have to entertain each other. Instead, we just went to the gym, yoga, drank wine, watched movies, talked at the speed of light, and ate all of the food Texas is famous for: Kolaches, Tex-Mex, Crawfish...

I'm now enjoying a lazy Sunday and for the first time in 18 months, I don't have to worry about school work for the week because its 'Spring Break'. I remember being so excited about spring break when I was younger: a week of vacation with friends or just sleeping in and doing nothing. When you are a grown-up and have a full time job, you still have to work :-( How is that fair? It's kind of sad that now I just look forward to having a week where I get to actually come home in the evenings! A week break from working all day, then driving an hour to campus, sitting in class for 3 hours and then driving all the way back only to get home at 10pm. And on the nights I didn't have class, running around like crazy trying to get errands done, doing homework, or driving to campus anyways to meet with classmates to work on group projects. Needless to say, I have a standing date with my couch and TV all week.


No comments:

Post a Comment