Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 77

I'm currently on a 10 day work trip overseas and I am exhausted! I popped over to London for 2 days then was supposed to be on an overnight flight to Lagos, Nigeria. Well, 1 1/2 hours into the flight they announce technical difficulties and take us all the way back to London! We have to stay in hotels and they rescheduled the flight for the following afternoon. By the time we went back through customs and checked in at the hotel, it was 5am... To make it even more enjoyable, the airport hotel kind of reminds me of The Shining. I keep expecting to see creepy twin girls standing at the end of my hallway.

On a positive note, the lounge for Virgin Atlantic is phenomenal. There is even a crystal chandelier! It's all decorated like a rock star lounge and they serve you all the food and drinks you want. I could get used to this :-)

I was a little nervous before my first flight because it was the first time I had flown since surgery. I wasn't allowed to fly the first month because the pressure is not good for healing sinuses (refer to Day 71 for a full understanding of how broken my face is). Well, no issues thus far! And eating in London was easy because you know what is a nice soft food? Fish & chips. You know what else is perfect? Guinness :-) Nigeria will be another story, we'll see how that goes haha.

Well, I'm off to Lagos for 4 days then Abuja for 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment