Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 80

Soooo exhausted. I have not stopped moving since I left American soil. After Finally arriving in Lagos we had the luxury of spending another 2 hours going through customs and waiting for our luggage. T.I.A., this is Africa... It was 1:00 am by the time we got to the hotel and we all smelled like a Nigerian airport.

It is so humid here that you have to shower by the time you get home from work because you are all sticky and sweaty. I'm currently sitting in the lounge drinking my long awaited diet coke. Excuse me, coke light ( which is better in my opinion). I don't have any fun pictures to share today unless you want to see pictures of traffic and walls with warning signs that say "do not urinate here". I didn't understand why I kept seeking that written everywhere. Then I saw a random guy just turn around and start peeing on a wall right next to a street full of people and cars. I thought to myself, oh, well that explains the smell.

Food is a little bit of an issue here because choices are limited unless you are at the hotel. We visited a vocational training center and after walking around and seeing the entire campus, they insisted we stay and join them for lunch. Since my digestive system is skeptical of Nigerian food, my only option was chicken and French fries. Well, there is no such thing as a chicken breast filet here. They literally just chop off pieces of chicken with bone, fat, organs and all. So I basically had a plate of fries for lunch. There was no way i could bite into this chicken without breaking a bracket off or stressing my jaw bones.

Don't get me wrong, Nigeria is not bad. The hotel is 4 star and the people are so hospitable they make Southerners look like a**holes. And in all fairness, I haven't seen any dead bodies in the road since my first trip...so there's that...

Greetings from Lagos, wet hair and all:

No comments:

Post a Comment