Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 71

Getting closer and closer to the 90 Day Mark... surgery feels like such a distant memory now. I can't believe that a little over 2 months ago I had a broken face and struggled with something as simple as drinking water. Now I'm chowing down on salmon, cupcakes (I curse you Tina), rice, eggs etc. I'm really not limited with my diet anymore. Except for steak. And sandwiches. I feel like Joey on Friends: I love sandwiches and can't wait until I can actually bite into things.

On a super super exciting note..I got to eat pizza last week! I was literally doing a happy dance and smiling like an idiot with a mouthful of pizza. My friends made dinner and bought a separate special pizza just for me that they didn't cook all the way so it would be super soft. It will still be a while before I can enjoy a crispy brick oven pizza at Grimaldi's (sad face) but I'm getting closer!

So, have you ever wondered exactly what they did to my face during surgery? Well feast your eyes on this:


When I say they broke my face, I wasn't kidding. I didn't realize I had titanium plates and screws going all the way up by my nose. I mistakenly showed my mom this picture thinking it was really cool. Her immediate response: "OMG, you have holes in your bones! You are NEVER wakeboarding again!!!" Lesson learned: don't show your mother your sub-dermal battle scars, she won't think its cool.

Today's mugshot:



No comments:

Post a Comment