Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 36

Swelling is continuously going down thank goodness! Several people have even commented on it. At this rate maybe ill look normal by spring break! I noticed some new feeling today. In my left cheek it felt like pins and needles. I wonder if my nerves are waking up and maybe I'm starting to get the rest of my feeling back. I've heard that it happens suddenly so maybe this is it?

When I smile now, you can actually see my top teeth! It will be nice when my full smile returns instead of stopping at my cheeks. People who don't know my face is broken probably think I'm giving fake smiles. Someone actually asked me what was wrong the other day and told me I looked sad. I had to hurriedly explain " no, I'm not upset, that's just my face" :-/

On the food front: I ate fish yesterday! This is was my most exciting news all week! Mashed potatoes and milkshakes are good but its nice to eat actual protein. Only 4 months 2 weeks and 6 days until i can eat steak....My friends were also really sweet the other day: they had plans to go to my favorite pizza place but made sure only to go once once i left. they know its my favorite so they didn't want to torture me. I love that everyone is so considerate. I think they will be just as excited as I will be when I can eat real food again! I apologize in advance for the 5lbs everyone will be gaining when I start celebrating my return to chewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment