Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 56

Tons of comments today from people at work saying that my swelling looks almost gone. Apparently during my first two weeks back at the office it was strange for them because I didn't look like myself. But now I do!

I've been noticing a few things lately:
1) my left jaw joint hurst when I stretch my mouth during exercising or eating a big scoop of mashed potatoes.
2) my back teeth are starting to get really sensitive
3) my right jaw joint clicks but the left is click free

Hopefully my post op appointment in a few days will clear up some of these questions. I will also have a full adjustment at the orthodontist next week followed by a cleaning at the dentist. I've never been more excited for the dentist. The Peridex rinse I had to use for 6 weeks stained my teeth . They aren't any funky colors or anything but it just looks like I don't brush them and they are yellow. Ive been told this will go away with a general cleaning. This whole surgery process will make you appreciate dental hygiene more than you ever thought possible!

2 comments: