Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 53

The past few days have been awesome! I started sleeping more on my side which is so much more comfortable! My week went by pretty fast with work being crazy (important people were in town) and school. Then Friday I did back to back workouts at the gym (ouch, I hurt now). I am amazed at how much my energy and strength has come back just in the past 2-3 weeks. I may not be as strong as I was but I am no longer shaking after I workout.

Later that night my twin arrived!!! Now, she's not actually my twin but she is one of my best friends and we are twins on the inside. She is going to live with me for a month and I couldn't be happier. Since she is from DC and has never really experienced Texas living, I took her to the Houston Rodeo's chili cook off and we had a blast! I could even eat! They had super finely chopped brisket, mashed potatoes, and even pudding, it's like they knew I was coming! Naturally we had to indulge in a fried Twinkie at some point....the ultimate desert on a soft food diet :-)

We ran into a few friends who hadn't seen me since before surgery and they said I looked good. I told them I looked especially sexy on day 4 and 21 and they had missed out by not seeing me then haha.



1 comment: