Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 50

Today I had 3 people tell me it looked the swelling was completely gone! I know it's not but it was nice to know that I look normal to the naked eye! The swelling is still there in my lower left jaw and a little bit in my cheeks. I can barely feel it anymore except for my nose which is still tight from my upper lip to the top of my nose.

I've been slacking on my jaw exercises lately. I did about an hour today and it really hurts to push my jaw to the right and forward. I'm hoping to ask my surgeon about it next week and see if I can expect it to get better.

My soft foods diet has gotten creative this past week. Baked beans and eggs for breakfast, shredded chicken with mashed potatoes, and did I mention.....girl scout cookie milkshakes! I even managed to eat bread: Chikfila (oh I miss it) comes by our office in the morning twice a week and the guy always forgets that I can't eat. Well he forced me to take a breakfast sandwich so after giving the chicken to someone else, I managed to eat the roll! It was the first time I've eaten bread in 7 weeks! Little victories...

On a side note, I had turtle soup at a work lunch today. Most of you probably have a look of disgust on your face but don't knock it until you try it. After 7 weeks of the same soups, turtle soup was a nice change :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment