Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 38

Happy Saturday everyone! The past 2 days have been filled with lots of progress! My mobility and eating has been progressing extremely fast. It's as if as soon as the doctor said I could eat mushy foods I just ran with it! A lot of people have asked me how much weight I lost because of the surgery and liquid diet. After 4 weeks I was down 15 pounds. Guys that go though this seem to lose much more but fortunately for us women folk, we lose at a much slower rate. 15 lbs is still a lot but it has slowed. I can consume enough calories now ( with the help of potatoes and cans of chef boyardee) that my weight has stabilized. In fact, today I managed to scarf down a breakfast burrito sans tortilla, a gigantic baked potato with minced meat and about 17 chocolate muffins. At this rate I may be the first person to GAIN weight with a broken jaw. Again, I blame Tina.

I also worked out 2 days this week and I noticed how weak I got. I used to be one of the strongest girls in my Crossfit class...now I'm one of the weakest. On a side note: I must remember to be more careful with moving objects. I was doing twists with a 10 lb plate and hit myself smack in the nose. It did NOT feel good!

Below are pictures from yesterday and today along with a side profile picture. Take a look at the pre-op profile and this one. It's crazy how its changed, I definitely happy with the new profile so far!







1 comment:

  1. Wow - I never noticed the projection of your chin on your profile PRE surgery. No projection now, and a perfect profile. However, the frontal view is even more incredible as both sides of your face are now even. Than you Dr. Terry Taylor!

    ReplyDelete