Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 10

Today I feel like I turned a big corner and I finally feel like I'm improving and can function as a normal human being. I slept a lot better, at least a solid 6 hours. Even before the surgery sleeping was an on and off again issue so for any jaw surgery candidates out there - you're gonna need that Ambien if you don't sleep that well to begin with.

I also made myself have a normal morning and showered, did my hair, put on something besides pj pants and actually put on a little bit of makeup! Man, I felt so much better. The swelling went down a little as well. However, I did wake up with a little black eye forming. I knew there had to be some bruising eventually.

I had an amazing friend filled day including:
~ morning phone call with my grandma ( I'm getting much better at talking)
~ A field trip to SAMs club to stock up on ensure and chunky soup
~ trip to redbox for movies
~ homemade Dahl soup, super yummy. They even put it in the blender for me so I could drink mine

When I was leaving my friends house they went through their pantry and took every can of soup they had and sent me home with it because they never eat it. Lol my oversized purse turned into a mobile soup kitchen. I love it how my friends are so concerned that I am going to starve on a liquid diet.

Random realization of the day: laughing hurts. I literally have to grab my cheeks and try and stop myself when I laugh. I guess I will have to avoid funny movies and my new Tina Fey book for a while. Talking also tires out my cheeks, I have a feeling I'm going to be sore tomorrow from all my gabbing today.

Enjoy today's photo, at least I don't look sickly anymore!

1 comment:

  1. You look so good daughter lady! Can't beleive it is only a little over a week post op. I also miss you at my house!

    ReplyDelete