Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 13

Today was about the same. I didn't really notice any change in the swelling. The only pain I have is in my cheeks as a result of talking and laughing. When someone makes me laugh I literally have to grab both my cheeks and try and hold them in place. It's not that it is super painful but it feels like they are tight and being stretched too far. If you see me impersonating Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone, then know that whatever you just said is hilarious!

My friend Tiffany picked me up this morning and after a breakfast smoothie we headed out into the real world chubby cheeks and all. After a manicure, errands, and some light shopping I was quite proud of myself. I'm getting less self conscious about going out in public. She also lent me her microwave heat wrap thing. I tried it out and it really helps with my sore cheeks. I hope she doesn't mind me commandeering this for a while ;-)

Today's liquidy goodness: my usual morning smoothie with peanut butter, cup of tomato soup, veggie fruit juice and a blended chunky pot roast soup.

I also noticed that no matter what ingredients are in the soup, when blended it is ALWAYS the same color. It's like when you figure out that mixing all colors on the color wheel together always makes a weird brownish grey color.

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. New reader and I just wanted to tell you that I'm enjoying reading your blog. I'm going to have my surgery in about two months and it's nice to read about someone that has just gone throught it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Esmeralda, I hope my experience will help you prepare for yours. If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask and let me know how your surgery goes in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got my surgery scheduled for Feb 4th! YIKES! I'm terrified, but your blog is helping me to prepare. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'm currently on day 8 of double jaw surgery recovery and wanted to ask you when the drooling calms down. It seems to be a lil excessive at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had my surgery done on the 19th at Houston Methodist with Dr. Terry Taylor. I'm currently miserable.

    ReplyDelete