Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 19

Today was a little rougher than the past week. I think I accidentally rolled over on my side when I was sleeping last night because my swelling increased. I remember being desperate to sleep on my side last night and I think I found a position that seemed to not press on my face. I was wrong. To all future jaw surgery candidates out there - make sure you sleep on your back!

I also had a sad moment today when someone from one of our overseas offices (who I've met several times before) walked into my office to introduce himself :-( I had to tell him "mark, it's Meghan, I know you. My face is just really swollen from surgery". He had no idea. I didn't realize my chipmunk face is so unrecognizable!

My cheeks are really sore this evening and i had a random shock wave of tingly pain through my face so i dipped into my leftover pain meds. I'm looking forward to brushing my teeth tonight because I can finally use toothpaste! The toothpaste may be on a kiddie toothbrush but at least it's one step closer to grown-up dental hygiene. My swishing abilities are not quite up to par yet. I'm supposed to swish around Peridex twice a day: the surgery victim strategy is to simply clamp my lips shut as tightly as I can and just shake my head from side to side. Until the left side of my mouth decides to wake up, this is as good as it gets...

Today's magic bullet creations: strawberry peanut butter smoothie, ensure, mashed bananas, tomato soup, pizza soup and a chocolate milkshake.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you had surgery two days before me!
    sleeping has been SO uncomfortable. i miss sleeping on my belly :( lol. and on my side too. i try to sleep on my back but i'm not used to it so most nights i end up on my side and that makes my jaw hurt. oops.
    my swelling looks a lot like yours too haha. hope you're doing well. here's hoping we have a safe recovery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're loving that pizza soup!
    I would have been all over that strawberry pb smoothie you made...
    Sorry you're in so much pain, doll. At least you look good! Love that dress! xo

    ReplyDelete