Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 6

So today was a little better and this is the reason why: I accepted that I am going to be like this for at least the first 2 weeks and I finally just gave in. I think I was so miserable the first few days because I thought the swelling and discomfort was unusual and I thought it would be over in a few days. I mean, I knew swelling lasts months but after seeing other people's blogs they didn't look too bad so I didn't think it would be. I now realize that I am just a bigger weenie than the others! Now that I have accepted this and gotten used to feeling like my face is a blimp, I will just deal with it. You can do anything for a few weeks right?

I think the swelling is still ridiculous but maybe a little better than yesterday? You know when they put prosthetics on people's faces in movies to make them look fat? That's me kiddos. I look like Mrs. Clause from the Santa clause 2 movie. ( yes, I know that is a terrible movie but the first one was such a classic....)

In th Fine dining section of today's post, I actually drank more and am not dehydrated anymore!
~large glass of fresh squeezed orange and carrot juice
~ensure
~1 cup of butternut squash soup
~ a whole bottle of propel!
I may even give my mom the puppy dog eyes and see if she will make me a watered down smoothie with peanut butter ;-)

It's my favorite weather today, thunderstorms and rain. Movies and sweatpants are in order. Oh wait, I've already been doing that for days.....good thing all my friends and family got me sweatpants and pjs for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment