Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 7

Last night again was a sleepless night. The combination of discomfort, drainage in the back of my throat, and not being able to sleep on my side has really thrown me off. I'm a baby, I need my 8 hours. I probably only slept 1 hr last night so I am making a note to ask the doc tomorrow at my post-op if it is ok for me to take Ambien. If I get the all clear you can be sure that I will going to bed at like 7pm tomorrow. This, in conjunction with my friends' recent suggestion to try "sit and be fit" may successfully awaken my inner 70 year old.

It was another day of thunderstorms so I spent the entire day on the couch watching movies. From not really eating and becoming so weak, my legs felt like they were constantly about to fall asleep. This was such a strange feeling that I ended up doing squats in my kitchen for a few minutes to get blood flowing again. For anyone that is thinking about doing this surgery and is used to being active like me - remember, you need to keep moving around even if you are just vegging out at home. One of the things I already miss so much is crossfit. I've never gone this long without doing some sort of physical activity :-(

I also discovered a way to describe the discomfort I feel: it's like having balloons blown up under your skin in your cheeks, lips, and jowls. Yes, I also now have jowls, super cute! The swelling does seem to have switched from my left side to the right. Weird how it changes around everyday. My bottom lip seems to be closer to normal size with just my top whale lip. I can also flare my nostrils and move my bottom lip to give me that cute fat-kid smile.

Random note: the insane number of pills that I take everyday also became extremely annoying today as 1 of my 17(yes, that's 17!) pills got stuck in my throat and decided to hang put there all freaking day!

Newest successful recipe: 1 cup milk, 1/2 banana and a big scoop of peanut butter in the blender. This has become my new breakfast favorite.

I had a really nice surprise this evening when 2 of my best friends, MegO and Kim stopped by with goodies and girl talk. It was a spirit-lifter for sure. You may look below and ask yourself "are those sponge bob squarepants mashed fruit pouches?" Why yes they are! Jealous lol?



1 comment:

  1. Love you Meg! I hope your recovery goes fast, but keep taking these pics bc I find them super amusing :)

    ReplyDelete