Sunday, January 6, 2013

Days 3&4

These are supposed to be the worst days because the swelling peaks and so far, yep this is terrible. My face is so swollen I don't even recognize myself, I can barely breathe because my nose is full of blood, and I can barely swallow because they put an expander type thing on the roof of my mouth. I sure hope this is the worst of it because I have never been so uncomfortable in my life.

I know I should be drinking more to stay hydrated and get in enough calories but it is so difficult to drink that I get exhausted!

My goals today: watch a movie no matter how tired I am, drink a whole can of tomato soup and a bottle of propel water.

1 comment:

  1. As the caretaker and Mom, it is so difficult to see someone you love experience this surgery. It has been overwhelming for both of us, however I know she will improve each day! It is also very important to make sure that they get enough calories and intake of fluids the first few days - which is not easy.

    ReplyDelete